Friday, April 12, 2013

Stare down with the evil brownies!

I have been doing well this week...**pat on the back**

I started using the MyFitnessPal app on my iPad. I have been able to mostly stay within the recommendations to lose weight! Yesterday my husband surprised me with lunch, so I was a bit over, but not as bad as I would have thought for going out to eat. I have done my CT5K program. The weather was quite rainy and wet here, so I had to run inside twice. I understand why they say not to train on a treadmill for CT5K. I could run longer and harder on the treadmill. Which I used to think was good, but it's not when you're training to run outside! I want to challenge myself and I just don't think running on a treadmill does it. I'll be glad when it's nice outside again.

I made the mistake of weighing myself today. I should have known to wait a week and to do at the same time, but I was curious to see if my efforts the past week to watch what I eat and exercise would equal weight loss. There wasn't any change and I felt quite defeated. :( But I have to tell myself that I'll also measure myself Monday to see if I have lost any inches and maybe that will be my little victory.

Speaking of victories, there is a plate of brownies and rice crispy treats for my office within my eye view of my desk. The temptation!!! I caved and had a couple of chips yesterday and I'm trying to remember that feeling afterwards. You know the one, "that didn't taste nearly as good as the calories I just consumed and guilt from those calories." I shut my office door so they are out of sight and I hope I can keep away until I leave.

Tonight I'm getting a iPhone! My husband and I are celebrating 5 years of marriage in a few weeks and he and I went around and around what we should get. I was going to get a new band to go around my wedding ring, but I decided I would use the iPhone more. So, it's not very romantic but it should pretty darn fun. Yeah for joining everyone I know in the smartphone club!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, I know the giving in to temptation guilt - why can't we remember that feeling before we give in? Congrats on resisting brownies!

    ReplyDelete