Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Couch to 5K: Ready to Rock this City!

I used to run pretty frequently. If you met me, you'd think that isn't possible. In fact I told one of my friends from professional school that I used to run a couple of miles a week, and she looked at me like I was telling her I used to be a judge on American Idol.

I tried the Couch to 5K program about a year ago. I didn't get very far because my attention span is about as long as a goldfish's and I kept losing track of the time. (Did I run for 2 or 6 minutes? Is it time to walk? Where am I?)

So, when my work said they were starting running groups featuring the program, I was sold. I can follow someone who is better at time management than me?

I know there are apps out there that will tell you when to run/walk etc. I don't have a smart phone. I know. I may as well be driving a Yugo with a pet Dodo. My father-in-law can't even check his voicemail, and he has a smart phone.

We start the plan next week. Wish me luck! If you see a group running, I'll be the one with the Walkman in my fanny pack with Velcro shoes on.



button


2 comments:

  1. That comment about no smart phone and may as well be driving a Yugo cracked me up! I had a friend who just got a smart phone for her birthday about a month ago. She used to rail us about always looking at our phones. The other night, I got to rail her about it! They own us.
    Stopping by from the Spring Training Link up! Good luck with the new group. Can't wait to see how you do.
    Laurie
    Lulu and Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm sure if I got a smart phone I would be on it all the time. It's probably just better for my procrastination that I'm not!

    ReplyDelete